Quote

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
—Albus Dumbedore

Monday, December 5, 2011

Gratitude is the Best Attitude!

Santa came a little early to our house this year.  There was a package waiting for me at the door.  Today I received a gratitude bracelet from my wife.  We got the bracelet from Energy Muse.  It is a great site to check out.  

The bracelet was co-designed by Jason Mraz.  He has a great song about gratitude. 



The following information is from the scroll that comes with the bracelet.  The bracelet contains beads of Bayong Wood, which represents the trees that provide us oxygen and stand strong and rooted to the Earth.  They are in settings of 5 which represents the number of transformation.  It helps us to remember that we are always growing and unfolding.  Our life is in constant transformation.

There are also settings of four different stones: Picture Jasper, Yellow Jasper, Tiger Eye, and Onyx.  These stones represent the people of the Earth and helps us honor the communities through which we wander each day and embrace the unity of the human species.

In order to wear the bracelet, you must wrap it around your wrist twice.  By doing this it helps us see "the harmony within duality."  It also allows us to honor the masculine and feminine energies in all creatures.  Lastly, it reminds us to be grateful for the generations that came before us and those that will follow us.  This will remind us that "I am grateful for my family."

The four colored stones are surrounded by Citrine which represents "holding the communities of the world's people together."  It will allow us to "shift our attention from what's distracting us ... back to love and gratitude for everything [we] see and everything [we] don't."

Lastly, the Turquoise and Malachite work together to create a healing energy.  "I am grateful for my health."


After reflecting on the meaning of the bracelet, it got me to think about how many of us focus on the negatives in our lives instead of showing gratitude towards what we DO have in our lives.  Thomas Secker, the Archbishop of Cantebury, (1693-1768) once said, "He enjoys much who is thankful for little; a grateful mind is both a great and a happy mind." 

How do you start showing gratitude in your life?  Start turning those negative statements into positive ones:
  • "I hate my job" changed into I am grateful that I have a job that brings in money to pay the bills.
  • "My car is a piece of junk." changed into I am grateful that this car brings me to the places I need to go.
  • "I don't have enough money." changed into I am grateful for the amount of money I have that allows me to pay the bills I can.
  • "My kids drive me crazy." changed into I am grateful for the blessing of children since there are people in this world that wish they had children but are not allowed to.
I could go on and on.  Tomorrow morning when you wake up and place that first foot on the floor, say to yourself, "I am grateful for this day!"  Try to go throughout the day and say to yourself for what you are grateful.  Once you start opening your eye to those things in your life that you are grateful for, you will start to see great things happening in your life.

I am grateful for sharing this with you.

Peace,
Mark

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received a bracelet in the mail yesterday too! It's a wellness bracelet made of Baltic Amber which is supposed to have a "ibuprofen" effect on the body. Parents put them on babies in Europe to ease teething pain. I can't bring myself to put them on A & C though....too nervous that the beads will fall off and they will swallow them. I know they will chew on them too.

    Anyway, I was just going to send you the link to the page and I saw that your post! While my bracelet is not a "grateful" bracelet, I like that it derived from nature, something I enjoy and am most grateful for.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! This is how I have always thought. Great blog! I am so grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, last post is from Mia to Mark. Can't seem to figure out how to do this. Dastardly computers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get the bracelet AM?

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.hazelaid.com/

    They have some neat products...I am still researching gemstones before I pick one. However, I am more interested in the hazelwood healing properties than the actual gemstone. The before and after eczema pics are remarkable. I'll let you know which I end up choosing and whether or not it works!

    ReplyDelete